CFI Employment Opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, or national origin.
College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) is a state-based nonprofit that helps students and parents plan, apply, and pay for college. CFNC Regional Representatives are located across the state to provide outreach and education within their regions. The purpose of this remote work-from-home position is to plan and conduct public/client relations programs, in the NC 910 area code and, on occasion, to other parts of the state, designed to create and maintain favorable public image for CFNC and provide timely and accurate information on services. The CFNC Regional Representative will provide presentations to students, counselors, teachers, administrators, parents, professional organizations, civic clubs, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Identify and research data, lists of prospects, businesses, schools and other community representatives to create effective network for CFNC including, but not limited to, planning and directing development and communication of information to keep local public informed of CFNC programs, services, and opportunities, including the NC 529 college savings program and NC Assist Education Loan Program.
- Provide information on CFNC services and content available on the CFNC.org website; financial aid, including FAFSA completion, grants, loans, and other methods of paying for college; career and college admission planning; financial literacy; the NC 529 Plan for college saving; the NC Assist Education Loan program; and any other areas relevant to planning, applying, or paying for college.
- Actively participate in social media and outreach efforts in coordination with the firm designated to market CFNC, the NC 529 Plan, and the NC Assist Loan Program with the approval and request of CFI management. Be available for radio, TV, and other media interviews and programs, videotaping spots to post on CFNC YouTube channel, posting activities and information on an individual business CFNC Facebook page, and participating in special events that promote CFNC or the NC 529 Plan.
- Coordinate and conduct public contact programs designed to meet CFNC’s objectives to disseminate information, promote goodwill and provide information through presentations, exhibits, educational opportunity programs, question/answer sessions, client relationship building, and community projects. Inform current and prospective borrowers, investors and school financial aid administrators of existing programs and new or upgraded products/services. Work with employers, families, and groups interested in the NC 529 Plan on programs or other activities to promote saving for college.
- Participate in training sessions and assigned reading to keep informed of financial aid general procedures and information, CFI loan, grant and savings programs, and NCSEAA scholarship and grant opportunities.
- Utilize contact management software as appropriate to track marketing visits and other contact with NC schools, businesses, and community groups. Prepare reports on activity, marketing strategy, travel schedule, expenses and follow-up.
- Alert Manager to any additional new materials that could be useful for marketing CFNC services. Serve as a consultant to service area management in strategic planning.
- Attend conferences/annual meetings for NCASFAA, CACRAO and other guidance workshops, and other professional meetings as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Experience in customer service, marketing, financial aid, and/or higher education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly as it pertains to public speaking, training sessions, and written materials.
- Considerable work experience with Microsoft Office products, social media platforms, and Video Conferencing Systems (i.e. WebEx).
- Must have valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel throughout assigned area of state independently as scheduled, including consecutive days.
- Requires long periods of standing and interacting with prospects.
- Mobility in entering and exiting places of business for programs and visitation.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
$45,000 - $50,000
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.